Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sleeping Plans

Gone are the days when I used to wake up at 8:15 am . Brush , bathe , pack my bag(invariably forgetting some important assignment or record ),have a hurried breakfast and finally beg my dad to drop me at school. Thinking back all this seems to have been someone else’s life. I am awake before the sun nowadays. One may wonder why this sudden change. The reason – college begins at 8 am. The time appears quite normal. I agree, but of course appearances are deceptive! To get to the college at 8, our buses are from 6:15 am.The one good this early morning practice does is that I don’t miss any books to college. Not that I have the time to put them in my bag. The truth is that I hardly take them out of my bag! I walk from home to the bus stand thinking about the beautiful unperturbed one hour sleep I will be having shortly in the bus. When I reach the stop none of my bus mates are there. Not knowing whether I have missed the bus or am too early, I start panicking. Invariably , when I am early the bus is late and when I am late it arrives sharp on time. When I pick the mobile to call someone, I see my friends walking towards me. Relieved, I wait for the bus. It arrives and I successfully enter the kingdom of dreams. Just two minutes of happiness and our bus stops. My dearest friend enters and if you think she said hai, you are absolutely wrong , she asks me about my preparation for some class test. Gone are my plans of sleep. I have my opened notes laid on my lap. My eyes drooping and ultimately I doze off. I am awakened by my dear friends and my eyes watch as the MBA block moves away. I somehow manage to complete the portions during the walk to my class only to hear that there is no test! I console myself by saying that this preparation will be useful for the university exam, very well knowing that I wont be remembering any of it even by the return bus trip.

8 comments:

  1. u just typed whatever was in my mind :)...... those exact actions in the bus!!!! proud to be a day scholar!!!!!;););)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha !!! :D i can always cherish these moments !!! can never forget the way you sleep with the book on your lap !! chance eh illa !!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. elupanum nu thonave thonaade unaku!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought i was the only one with this schedule and others wer near perfect... now only i understand how many follow the same schedule in bus.....not to forget the cold breeze that comes through the windows around 6:30s which automatically takes us to the dreamland(BUT NOT AS FAST AS CA OR SE MAM..) :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey really grt de:)i too join u'r list:):)the best part s i don get sleep during normal days,but on uts:)ah ah semmaiya sokkum de:):)i board my bus much earlier than u ppl(6.05),so jus imagine ,,,the cool breeze accompanied by songs tat my bus driver plays in the radio or i sit with my headset:)..chanceai illa:):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    What to say.. The same like me..
    But i use to bunk the tests after my third sem.. :):)

    Most of the time went in chattings, ragings, sports, movies, pricipal room.....

    I am really mising my colg life. Thank you for remining those days..

    Thanks, Thiyagu.

    ReplyDelete